Knitted Pattern Contest
IAGARB Pattern & Promotions Committee Presents:
2010 Knitted Pattern Contest
You are invited to compete in the IAGARB 2010 Patterns Contest. This contest is for unique patterns that highlight the qualities of these two yarns:
Angora Blizzard, an 85% Angora, 15% Merino 2 ply yarn
and Angora Frost, a 50% Angora, 30% Nylon, & 20% Super Wash Merino 3ply yarn.
This yarn comes to you from independent farms within the IAGARB wool cooperative; where the exceptionally productive German Angora rabbit is raised with a high standard of care; in a humane environment. Their fiber is gently harvested and graded twice under strict qualifications. Uniformity is the key to this non-shedding, drapey yarn. You will be inspired by its creamy handle as you knit your one of a kind article.
1. The Prizes: $150 – For best use of 3 skeins of either Blizzard or Frost yarn
$100 – For best use of 2 skeins of either Blizzard or Frost yarn $50 – For best use of 1 skein of either Blizzard of Frost yarn
2. Patterns will be evaluated on their success in showcasing our beautiful IAGARB angora yarns.
3. All patterns must be original creations of the contestant. Entries must not infringe upon someone else’s copyright, trademark, or license. Patterns published in other contests are not eligible. We will be proofing patterns. We encourage you to submit a variety of skill levels, and as many creative pieces as you would like. Let your imagination run wild!
4. All participants must complete the entry form. Proof of purchase from an IAGARB Co-op member or participating yarn shop, and a clear digital photo showing details of your original creation are a part of that submission. We encourage you to show off your piece with multiple photos. Finalists will send their finished pieces in for the final judging. IAGARB will return all pieces.
5. In submitting a winning pattern, you authorize IAGARB to be co-owner of your pattern. These patterns may be used for the promotion of IAGARB yarn and may be published and set up to purchase on the IAGARB website. As the author you will receive a portion of your patterns earnings.
6. The deadline for patterns will be March 15, 2011. Winners will be contacted and posted on our web site, www.IAGARB.com,
7. To learn more about IAGARB Angora Blizzard and Frost yarns, please click on the Angora Wool Co-op tab at the top of the page. To purchase our yarn, contact participating members listed here on this website under Angora Wool Co-op (Available Yarn) tab at the top of the page. Entry forms and rules are available by clicking on the links below. Enter the contest by mailing your digital photos, proof of purchase, and patterns to Molly Golter, 32954 Baxter Rd, Hermiston, OR 97838 or purple4molly [at] yahoo [dot] com
Everyone is eligible to participate. Enter as many times as you wish and have fun!!!
Download a copy of the rules
Download the entry form